What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but like physical first aid, it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis.
Why should I train to be a mental health first aider?
Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
Why choose RecoverMe?
As mental health professionals working within the health and education sectors, we have a depth of knowledge and understanding which enables us to provide added insight, knowledge and experience to our training courses.
In addition to our formal qualifications, work and personal experiences, we have also completed the instructor training programme with MHFA England accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health. We are keen to share this with you and are emotionally invested in improving the mental health and wellbeing of everyone.
We offer both in-house training or you may prefer to book individually onto one of our pre-organised courses. Should you require any further information about the courses and the service we are able to provide please do not hesitate to contact us.